TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

55 inch LG smart tv. The picture went out and and the sound…

Customer Question
55 inch LG smart...

55 inch LG smart tv. The picture went out and and the sound was still on. Then the tv turned itself off. Now when I try to turn it back on the screen flashes the LG logo then turns off and the LG light at the bottom blinks red three times.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your LG TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I believe so.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Sp. Was in the middle of watching something and it just went black.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

HDMI

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Sorry for any delay you may have experienced, would it be possible for you to get

met the model number of the set found on the back of the set?also let me know

the sets approx age please?

Anthony

LG 55LN5700 - UH 3 or 4 years old

Press the MENU button of the sets OWN remote control if the menu DOES NOT

come up as I suspect it won't>>

I do not have good news for you about this issue,problem is the back-lights

This model set is particularly prone to back-light failure.

Back-light issues are very common with modern TVs the back-lights illuminate

the pixels and they can go intermittent as well as failing altogether,right now back-light

failure is the scourge of the industry,these LED devices were introduced many years

ago to replace the energy consuming and troublesome ccfl tubing back-lights which were

also troublesome many years ago however failure rate is high,the problem is its a very

laborious operation to replace them and costly,in excess of $280 for a 40 inch set

(varies where you are and the size/ cost of the set) in addition to tis there are not

many repairers who undertake the work time will be needed to ring around using

the yellow pages website or www.tvrepairpros.com for a NESDA approved technician or www.tvrepairman.com,I am sorry I do not have better news for you here just to add its

not a job to undertake for the DIYer however if you want to try let me know just beware

the risk at damage to the LCD panel is high when doing this work.

Let me know what you think about this

Anthony