TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Somehow i activated closed caption and cannot turn it off. i…

Customer Question
Somehow i activated closed...

Somehow i activated closed caption and cannot turn it off. i used the remote and went to menu, then tried to scroll up to cc. but could not access cc. able to access Wide, and Audio, but nothing under CC. used 2 different remotes...same result.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio e601l-a3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Unable to locate any source of input on the tv itself.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E601L-A3? What happened right before this?

I first noticed it last night. as I remember i was accessing Recordings for Gunsmoke l

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that the cc button on menu is dead when using the remotes from 2 different vizis tvs. I cannot turn cc off...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/26/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please tell me what you are watching?

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

-other

Please tell me what you are watching?-antenna-cable-satellite-other

Your phone request is posted to all experts, but I am not available by phone currently. In the mean time you and I can continue our chat.....

Please tell me what you are watching?

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

-other

I have Direct TV cable (?) and AT&T WIFI

Do you get HD channels from Directv?

i get HD

In this case - Captions will be turned off/on using the Directv remote, NOT the vizio tv remote. Look for a CC button on the Directv remote. If there is no button, you will need to access the SETTINGS menu of the Directv box using the Directv remote then turn off captions from there.

REPLY back and let me know how it goes.

no cc button on the Directv remote. no settings button on it either.

-On your DIRECTV remote, press INFO.

-On the screen, select CC.

-choose/change your settings

This is not going well.

You can't find the INFO button on your Directv remote?

I’ll call Direct and see if they have a workable answer.

Have a good one

Mike G. About 10-12 hrs ago, I asked you to close out the request because your last attempt said I would need to use the Directv remote to fix. I then contacted Directv and they successfully walked me thru the process in less than a minute. I appreciate your many attempts, but none worked. Thanks and please do not call or email me at 1:00 Am.

Goodbye

Please STOP the txt msgs. You were unable to help me and I went to DirectTV and got immediate solution. For some reason, your txts keep coming— including after 1:00 AM! Stop NOW.

I am not a site employee, only a technician here to help you with technical issues, please see the website help pages regarding how the website works.