TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New LG smart tv will not recognize cable. hdmi is plugged…

Customer Question
New LG smart tv...

New LG smart tv will not recognize cable. hdmi is plugged in

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

2018 LG 43uj6300 right out of the box

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works, but not synching to the cable tv box says "0 channels found"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 43UJ6300? What happened right before this?

We just replaced our small TV with this brand new, never used, right from Best Buy store, 63" LG model

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was not an issue until we switched tv. Yes, there are 3 hdmi on tv and only one on cable box, if that affects things.... ? Does it have to be on channel 3 or 4 or?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/26/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

husband is still working with it....
no thanks, daughter is on way over who usually does our set ups....thanks

Phone call is not needed....

Forget about the channel scan.

Forget about channel 3 or 4.

Simply use the INPUT or SOURCE button on the LG remote to set the tv to HDMI (choose the one that the cable box is plugged into).

Let me know how it goes.

Did you find the INPUT/SOURCE button on the LG remote?