TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Oh, can you help me with the error 2200 on the Bravia Sony…

Customer Question
Oh, can you help...

Oh, can you help me with the error 2200 on the Bravia Sony TV>?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

2010

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I am not sure what you are asking. It says that it is connected to the internet; however, when launched I get the code 2200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Just bought a new home. The TV came with the home. I know it was vacant for at least five months. It is a new hook up to Spectrum Cable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to unplug the TV for five minutes or more. it did not solve the problem. I have it unplugged now. it's been about 3 minutes.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/26/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you get me the model number please of the set found on the

back of the set?

KDL-46NX800
KDL-46NX800, Software pkg. 4.034AAH. It's a wired connection. Test show--Physical Connection-OK, Local Access-OK, Internet Access-OK. Server name unknown: IP address unsuccessful. Media Servers: BRCM-DMS:2. On my computer (in another room) My wireless connection is SG16. I hope this helps.
Found another screen, but I can't get back to it; I've looked for hours. MAC: 38:17:E1:9A:B0:4D, IP: 10.98.17.121, Subnet Mask: n/a, NETWORK-- MAC: 38:17:E1:9A:B0:4C, IP: 29.209.1.50, Subnet Mask: n/a, Hub ID: 108, SNMP Mgr: n/a
Do not call...I thought you would call right away. I have to leave the house for several hours.Dee

Can you get into the TVs own menu?pressing the HOME or MENU button

on the TVs OWN remote?

It is 8:11 AM here.

I am not sure at this point if these messages are coming from the TV

or any satellite or cable box you may be using so do you have another

input to try like a DVD player or similar?

There is a cable that is hooked into the Spectrum box
There is a stereo, but it is not hooked up to the TV. I am sure it might have been at one time.
Oh, the messages are coming from the TV.

I can assure you this could be the box itself

The only way to prove it is if you connect something up separate

In the meantime please do this>>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Let me give it a go.

Please let me know if there is any change with the reboot

Still waiting to get Internet back up on the computer.

Did the reboot work?

OK, there are some problems. I cannot get to the response box through email.

Not sure what you mean about internet on computer?

You just reply like you just did?

So is there any change??

I am back onto the computer, so I can respond to you now. However, the reboot made no change to the TV.

OK now you HAVE to eliminate the box as the trouble

You do that by trying another input like a DVD player/bluray/a flash drive/a game/an old VCR

anything but the box ......how is it using that

We can't do anything as its an impasse until the box is verified as NOT

being the cause we do this ourselves with a DVD player in the field (outside work)

Hee gad! Let me see if I can hook up the stereo.
This is going to take a while. I am not all that techie, and I don't know if I have the right cables as yet.

No you need something that will generate a picture?

OR another box if you have one somewhere else working OK

Okay, here is the problem. I don't have anything else, but the stereo, and the computer. It would be easier to disconnect the stereo and possibly hook up the computer, if I can find a cable.

Yes just hook up the computer with a hdmi lead?

That will be OK if there is no messages on screen its the box bad

stereo us unplugged. will not start working on shutting down computer.

I am not sure what you are saying?

All as you need is something generated onto the TV screen by something else?

I do not know what you mean by the stereo as this is about the only thing that

does not do that?unless you are referring to an home theater which has inputs going through it

This makes no sense to me?

If this is confusing you the only thing you can do is get the box swapped

as this wont cost you anything

Right now the most suspicious here is the box

Physical connection OK, local access failed, Internet access failed
you think the cable box is the problem. I cannot work on that until May 29, 2018. Monday is a holiday here.

Do you understand what I am saying here

Your replies are not helping as they have no bearing on what I mean

As a workaround for you not being able to verify with another input then you

will just need to get the box swapped out

I will leave the question open and get back to you or better you get back to me

I will get back to you after I contact Spectrum, to ask for a new modem. I think that is what you are telling me to do. Thank you, ***** ***** problem is not solved as yet.

NO not the modem???the cable or satellite box you are using??

Spectrum supplied me with a modem, a DVR and cables. So, you think it is the DVR or the cable.

The DVR is usually the cable box combined with a DVR

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony