TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can no longer see the channel the TV is on or the weather…

Customer Question
I can no longer...

I can no longer see the channel the TV is on or the weather map for severe weather. None of the ratio seem to change it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's an LG.. No sure hope to find model number

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes to both

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

WEBOS2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

About a week... And nothing that I know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Will this come as a notification to my phone
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Are you seeing part of the channel but it seems some of the screen is cut off?

That is exactly what's going on

What are you watching when this happens? A cable/satellite box?

Cable
Do you still need model number
Thanks. We can get by without the mode for now.
This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box
Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, *
OR # etc
You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,
and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired
setting
typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide
and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9
It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on
both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.