TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv screen says my network cable is unplugged. I have

Customer Question
My tv screen says...

My tv screen says my network cable is unplugged. I have checked all my connections and don't find any but full sound conections.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Insignia ns L42x

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Most menu commands work. I can asscess recorded things, etc but cannot search for programs.. Screen say my TVbox is no longere connected to the internet.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
5/25/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 24 days ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
yws

Do you currently have access to the tv/tivo so you can try something?

Your phone request is posted to all experts, but I am not available by phone currently. In the mean time you and I can continue our chat.....

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
waiting for your phone call.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Waiting

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Signing off

Type your reply when you are ready to continue.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
forget phone service. willing to chat

Ok. Do you currently have access to the tv/tivo so you can try something?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have access to tv/TiVo. I can call up programs I hav recorded. I cannot search for new or up coming programming.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Chatting is ok.

Please try this:

-leave the TV on.
-unplug the TIVO power cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 2 full minutes then plug in the TIVO power cord.

-watch the tv screen as the TIVO boots up.

-Test for normal operation.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Have you tried the procedure I outlined?

Are you still experiencing the same issues as before?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Unplugged for 2 min. Now I Onlyget only tv. Or mid 3.

Don't understand "Onlyget only tv. Or mid 3."

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Only have hdmi3

Does your TIVO have power lights or display on the front of it? It is showing that it is On? If not, press the power button on the TIVO.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The large nickel size button on the right is li. Pressing again does nothing it is light

Reseat the HDMI cable on the back of the TV.

Reseat the HDMI cable on the back of the TIVO.

Look at the hdmi port on the back of the tv - is is actually HDMI 3 ? or something else?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Looking

ok

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry I had the connection to the back of the TiVo plugged into the wrong hdmi. Moved it hdmi2. But no change. When I do the selection button on the left edge of the screen it cycles to tv and then to hdmi3

Unplug the TV POWER cord, wait a minute, plug it back in, try to change the tv to HDMI 2 using the buttons on the side of the tv.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok

Thanks

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Doesn’t want to stop at 2. Button screen temporarily lit up with Firestock. Gone now.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I meant Fitesticj
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, owner replied 24 days ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician