TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG 65UF8500 snowy picture but can hear sound. Any ideas?

Customer Question
LG 65UF8500 snowy picture...

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 65UF8500?

Yes HDMI 1 is being used for DISH network. Called DISH, ended up plugging my DVD player in and same thing, you hear the sound and snowy picture. DISH condemned the TV at that point

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/25/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Did the procedure you instructed. Did not change. Still snowy screen.

What are you connecting to for a signal? eg: Cable box?