TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Went blank and it said to do auto channel scan, Yes. Comcast…

Went blank and it...

Went blank and it said to do auto channel scan

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes. Comcast said it was a tv issue. Not on their end

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

5/15/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Would like to talk on the phone

You can pay extra for that. I will not be calling you, but all the other experts will see your request and one of them might call you. Until then we can continue this chat...

Please try to get the model number off the back/side of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Already paid 28.00 not going to pay another 26.00

Then we can continue this chat...

-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Please refund my 28.00 this service is to much of a hassle with all the fees

Because I am not a site employee, only a technician here to help you with technical issues, they prohibit me from discussing billing so please see the website help pages.

Just keep in mind that a local repair shop will charges $99-$120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you can actually save a ton of time and money.

Model #LE55H508 bought 2 yrs ago lcd 55”
Hitachi

What port on the tv is the cable box connected to on the back of the tv?

examples:

-hdmi 1

-hdmi 2

-component

-AV

-rf coax

HDMI 1

Then you can simply ignore the "auto channel scan" message. Simply change the tv to the HDMI 1 input using the Hitachi remote. Look for a button on that remote called INPUT or SOURCE or TV/VIDEO. Press it, then choose HDMI 1.

Let me know how it goes.

Says weak or no signal

You were able to change the tv to HDMI 1, correct?

Please try this:

-leave the tv ON

-locate the POWER cord for the cable box and unplug it.

-reseat the hdmi cable on the back of the tv AND back of the cable box

-plug in the cable box power cord

-watch the tv screen as the box boots up

Let me know how it goes.

Still says weak or no signal

Try moving the hdmi cable to HDMI 2 on the tv, then use the Hitachi remote to put the tv on HDMI 2.

Still says the same thing
Starting to power up

What is powering up?

Are you seeing something different on the tv screen now?

We fixed it thanks for all your help sir

You're welcome!

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Ok