TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound is high pitched and choppy. I believe so but not…

Customer Question
The sound is high...

The sound is high pitched and choppy

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I believe so but not 100%

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI and Red blue green yellow

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

55LN5700

Thanks, ***** ***** are you watching when this happens?
Cable/satellite, dvd, apps, etc?

Directv

Can you please check if it happens on anything else like a dvd or netflix?

Only on Directv

Thanks for checking,

Initially, please unplug power to your directv box for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then let me know how it works at that point please.

Now there is no picture only the messed up sound

Please power the tv off and back on, and make sure the tv is set to the right input (where the dtv box is connected)

I have absolutely no picture at all now only crackly sound

Did the hdmi cable perhaps come loose when you were disconnecting the power?

Can you unplug the box again for a minute to restart it once more please

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.