TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG 50pn4500 when I push the power button red light comes on…

Customer Question
LG 50pn4500 when I...

LG 50pn4500 when I push the power button red light comes on but screen stays blank.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 50PN4500?

No only cable coax

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes a few days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If I press channel buttons red light comes on and off also

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
4/25/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Did the problem start after the power outage?

Can you hear any audio at all?

Can you see the on-screen menu?

Is there a faint glow from the screen in a dark room?

Thanks
I do have some electrical knowledge just like to get an idea what to check first

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Did you get my previous response?

Did the problem start after the power outage?Can you hear any audio at all?Can you see the on-screen menu?Is there a faint glow from the screen in a dark room?