TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have hooked up my TV to Dish Network and the screen lights…

Second opinion] I have hooked...
Second opinion] I have hooked up my TV to Dish Network and the screen lights up and showsJA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?Customer: stripes and plaids marking on screen but won't make a pictureJA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: Dish network says it is my tv and not dishes problem so what do I do
4/24/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, the described symptom of "...stripes and plaids marking on screen but won't make a picture..." almost always is indicative of an internal hardware issue.

The TV would be needing (substantial) repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Perhaps a replacement rather than repairs would be more to your advantage.

Hi again,
Is further information / interaction still needed with the "...TV to Dish Network...."

Louie, Technician
You were too slow replying, I had already received the info prior. Thanks anyway.