TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have hooked up my TV to Dish Network and the screen lights…

I have hooked up...

I have hooked up my TV to Dish Network and the screen lights up and shows

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Stripes and plaids marking on screen but won't make a picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Dish network says it is my tv and not dishes problem so what do I do

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

If you open the tv`s own menu , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

I do not know how old it is but it was playing good when my husband bought it from a friend this afternoon

No problem but could you please try the tv`s menu ?

You mean that this happened as soon as you tried to turn it on ?

Does it have a broken window pane effect ?

I stayed on the phone for an hour or more with dish and I could never get the thing to produce anything except stripes and plaids
When I rub my hand over the screen, sometime it would show a few words but I could not read all of it because the stripes and plaids were in the way.
it has a broken window look.

OK then I`m afraid to your screen is broken internally in that case

It is very seldom that the first protective screen will show anything , all it needs is a flexed screen while hitting a road bump for example

If you touch the screen and that changes then it is the screen , sorry

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post if you need more help while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you