TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung tv hl-p6163w, all three lights are flashing…

Hi Pearl. I have...

Hi Pearl. I have a samsung tv hl-p6163w, all three lights are flashing (Lamp, Timer and standby).

Technician's Assistant: How old is your HL-P6163W?

When I try to turn it on, the lamp light flashes and it tries to reset to times. then just turns off. It was made in 2004, i just replaced the bulb a few months ago and it has been working fine up till now.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't even get to the menu, the screen stay black when I try to turn it on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I took the bulb out yesterday and put it back in to try and reseat it and let it sit overnight unplugged. sounds good, thanks.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Jack
Jack, Technician
Hey Jack
Phone call session started

I am ready to accept but this phone request is an extra $26 and was sent by the website , not me
Do you still want that call or continue in chat /text mode (this) ?

Chat/text would be better.
thanks for letting me know.

No problem

When , where did you buy that lamp and how much did you pay for it ?

Those 3 blinking lights indicate a defective lamp by the way

I bought it online for $60, It was probably about 3 months ago

OK then the warranty on it if any is likely gone now , you don`t get a year warranty for a $60 lamp

That's what I thought... It was left on all night 2 nights ago, so I was hoping it was an overheating issue. I left it unplugged last night and i'm having the same issue.

Here is one with a year warranty and also other lamps there with 6 months

This is a good supplier ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bp96-00826a-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-philips-bulb.htm

I looked at the lamp and it still seems to all be in tact thought.
The last one that I had, the glass piece inside was actually broken.

Well , i can only go by that blink code from where I`m sitting and it does not always show or have glass rattling inside

Fair enough, so I have to get a new lamp then hey...

Only way really to find out is to try it

If you listen closely near the lamp door or through te vents at the back of the tv , can you hear the ballast trying to strike the lamp when you first turn it on ?

I doubt very much it would be the ballast anyway , you would have a different blink code

Here is a number to cancel that phone request and have the deposit refunded 1.***-***-****
Phone request only please , not the post , I did work on this with you

There was a click, Some vibration, the starting sound then like a little tink or plink sound.

OK then it does try to get it going

Go for the lamp

sounds like it yeah.