TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

2006 JVC tv HD61z456 HDMI trouble. Screen turns when laptop…

Customer Question
2006 JVC tv HD61z456...

2006 JVC tv HD61z456 HDMI trouble. Screen turns green when laptop & dvd are plugged in & black when Xbox one is plugged in but all the AV ports work. How do I fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your HD61Z456?

Both are plugged in currently. The Wii works great on the tv which is A/V & we bought a HDMI to A/V converter box but now the picture is terrible. The HDMI input acts like it wants to work but just won’t turn the rest of the way on.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No but we got it from the original owner & he said he couldn’t get it to work from the day he picked it up from the store he had to use the A/V inputs for his gaming console he owned. I read that this is pretty common in this generation but I haven’t found any answer on how to fix it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Serial number is *****

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

It really sounds like there is a physical issue with those inputs in which case the only option is to replace the board ,if there is a total factory reset in the settings menu you could try that but i do not hold much hope for that the main-board in my opinion will need to be replaced, then there is the logistics\cost of doing that for a set of this age, if you want to go ahead and do that yourself let me know,

Anthony

What are you thoughts on this please?

You wouldn’t happen to know what something like that would cost would you?

I can provide you with all the details needed to do this, cost of board as a ball bark figure $80_$120

Assuming a board is available

I’m actually not in the position to talk on the phone at the moment nor do I want to pay $26 to do so. Is it more money than it’s worth? Would I be better off just buying a brand new tv?

I am not sending message s for phone calls the site is doing that and yes I understand ,I am just using the site like you are, my opinion is you would be better off replacing this old DLP set now times have moved on and this technology is ore or less obsolete, I am sorry I do not have better news

If you need any more help let me know