TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 3 year old Panasonic TV Mod TX 48cxw404. It is…

We have a 3...

We have a 3 year old Panasonic TV Mod TX 48cxw404

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

It is cutting out approx once per hour

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Screen goes black. Sound OK. Can restore operation by swiching on off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this fatal Thanks

4/23/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When it goes black press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up please?*important check*

Regret I can't trigger the blackout to try any options.
We will be watching for 30/60 minutes waiting for a cut outAre you reading me? You will have to call me on 0041223496955 fixed line

That is OK but I do need to know this as it will tell me a lot

You need to come directly back here when you know

Anthony
We seem to be stuck waiting fo the tv screen to fail . . could be for an hour
Right now its working fine.
Is there any way I can find you later

Once again you just come directly back here (bookmark this page)

I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post

OK Page bookmarked
TV picture fine . . no hint of a problem . . but will try to raise you when
it fails and I have an answer!

Yes problem is intermittent ,most issues we get are like this

1800 hrs OK . . Picture has blacked out. Sound unchanged.
Tried the `menu` Nothing changed
What does this tell you?
Mark

So the menu did NOT come up it tels me the back-lights are going out a very common issue with modern TV

You could try a full reset of the TV in the settings menu however I do not hold out much hope for that back-light issues are very common with modern TVs the back-lights illuminate the pixels and they can go intermittent as well as failing altogether,right now back-light failure is the scourge of the industry,these LED devices were introduced many years ago to replace the energy consuming and troublesome ccfl tubing back-lights which were also troublesome many years ago however failure rate is high,the problem is its a very laborious operation to replace them and costly,in excess of $280 for a 40 inch set (varies where you are and the size/ cost of the set) in addition to tis there are not many repairers who undertake the work time will be needed to ring around using the yellow pages website or www.tvrepairpros.com for a NESDA approved technician or www.tvrepairman.com,I am sorry I do not have better news for you here just to add its not a job to undertake for the DIYer however if you want to try let me know just beware the risk at damage to the LCD panel is high when doing this work.

Sorry for the news on this

Pretty much as I feared; I was an engineer in the distant past.
So its a new TV. . . . luck of the draw.
Thanks for your analysis and diagnosis
Just for info. I had guessed that low mains voltage in the late afternoon/
early evening was the problem.
Is Panasonic better/worse than the rest?
Again many thanks ***** (in Switzerland)

Also i am assuming when this does happen you see no visible light at all on the display, please be sure to get at least 4 years warranty built into the sale TVs are very fickle all manuf have problems with LED backlighting and LCD panels good luck

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician