TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We were in the middle of watching a show when our TV went…

Customer Question
We were in the...

We were in the middle of watching a show when our TV went out. We did alll the usual techniques and nothing!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony - don’t know the model but it’s about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No there is nothing but the “welcome to the X1 platform - connecting to your experience” on the tv and the other tv is the same

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

We were watching a tv show and service went out. I have never had a problem like this before. We watched sports all afternoon

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
4/23/2018
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 3 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Sony TV.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
The problem discription tells me that it could not be the TV, since it turns on and the screen shows a message. That message can only originate from the cable box. I would recommend to disconnect the power cord from Cable box for 10s and then reconnect and let me know if that resolved the issue. After reconnecting the cable box might take couple of minutes to reboot and resume full operation. If not the cable box has an issue and needs to be replaced. Let me know the outcome. Thanks
I have read some blogs and is unfortunately a common issue with the X1 box. If the rebooting of the unit does not resolve the issue you can also contact the X1 hotline at 1-***-***-**** they can send a diagnostic ping to your box and see if it is defective.
Good morning. I hope the reboot of your cable box resolved the issue, since it does at least 90% of the cases.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as it is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Good morning. I'm just checking if you need anymore information. Thanks, ***** ***** nice day.