TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have. Samsung UN65KS8000F tv; while watching tv, screen…

I have. Samsung UN65KS8000F...

I have. Samsung UN65KS8000F tv; while watching tv, screen went black, no sound, and no response to remotes. Seems like tv cycles from total black to a momentary dark blue. Unplugged power since the remotes would not turn off the tv, let it sit for about 5 minutes and plugged it back in, no change.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UN65KS8000F?

Yes, two are plugged into the box on the back

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

4/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

What is the purchase date?

Where did you buy the tv?

Did you get an extended warranty?

Let’s do it on line
Purchased around Oct 2016 from Best Buy, no extended warranty

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Very little

Ok, I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. There is no easy reset/fix.

You have a nice tv model that is worth repairing. So at this point you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $275 and I can help you look up a trusted repair shop in your area.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Since you can’t help, i assume there is no charge.

You assume wrong. Good day.

stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** did a little research and looks like your TV has a bad power supply they are relatively easy to change and i did find one on ebay for around 40 would you like to try this repair

stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician