TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to fix a flickering screen on a Samsung 60 4K curved TV.

How to fix a...

How to fix a flickering screen on a Samsung 60 4K curved TV. Samsung replaced the whole screen after 9 months. Its been 9 months since and started doing it again and says it is no longer under warranty

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

UN55KU6500F 16 months old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It now flashes continuously so bad that I can't do anything with the remote.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/22/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Give me a minute please

With you now

Were the symptoms exactly the same the first time ?

Ok then they actually replaced the whole screen instead of just the LED strips

I`m somewhat surprised they actually replaced it instead of the whole tv

They switched out different parts which didn’t fix it then replaced entire screen

These Samsung have a high instance of defective led strips which are built into the panel and can be replaced but this can be a tricky job to do

If you look at the back of the tv for the version number near the model number , can you see something that look like AA02 , TH01 ,AD01 etc. ?

You mean they replaced boards before replacing the panel ?

FA01

Thanks

Give me a couple minutes and I will give you the details

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place
There is a very slight chance the power supply/led driver board may be causing this but i give this a 90 to 95% chance you have defective strips

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-34803a-bn96-34804a-replacement-led-strips-12-strips.htm
here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job and before you order anything watch it

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Ok how do I rate it

You got it , thank you