TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new Insignia Roku TV and am using Blue Stream as my…

I have a new...

I have a new Insignia Roku TV and am using Blue Stream as my provider. When I power up the tv, I see the boxes all over my screen. I am using HDMI 1 ARC as my default. When I click on the hdmi 1 small screen it doesn't bring up the full screen as my selection. I have to use my ROKU remote to bring up the full screen. I have been on line with Roku and they think the problem is with Insignia. How do I fox this issue?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Roku?

It is brand new. I just bought the TV two weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

???

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

When I use my blue stream remote to power on the tv, it should go to full screen with hdmi 1 but it doesn't do that. I have to use the Roku remote to get the full screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Connect me.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/22/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the actual model number of the tv, please?

I will get that for you give me a few minutes.

Thank you

I am not paying more money to talk to you live. This help should be free. This is a brand new TV.

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here, and providing the details I requested above.

Thanks. I am still trying to find the model number on the TV.

Its on a sticker on the back of the tv, usually starts with NS on this brand

I am looking. The tv is in another room. Just another few minutes.

Thank you

NS-49DR420NA18
Sorry I am an older gentleman and had to find my reading glasses to read the label upside down. LOL

No problem, thank you for checking on that

Sorry for the delay, was just wanting to confirm some specs on your model.

Unfortunately, what you are wanting to do is simply not possible. This is an inherent design limitation of these insignias. While it can certainly work with your cable box, these insignias are very low quality very basic model tvs, and due to their design with a built in roku function, which is its primary functionality, it will only operate by coming up to the home screen by default and forcing you to use the input selections from the roku home screen to choose your desired input. It will not auto tune to a hdmi or other input, so manual intervention via the roku/insignia remote to choose the input will be required each and every time.

If this was a newly purchased tv, and you have the opportunity to do so, I would highly recommend simply returning the tv to the store for a refund/exchange, and getting a different model. Honestly you're much better off going that route in the long run anyway as these insignias are very poorly made and typically last only a year or two at best. For just a little bit more you can buy a new tv from a more reputable and much longer lasting brand that will operate as you want and not have these roku related limitations.

I can recommend some better quality options for you if you'd like to go that route.

My apologies for the news,

give me recommendations for a different TV that will be easier to operate and accomplish my task. Thanks very much.
Thanks so much for your honesty. It is much appreciated.
I am still within the return time frame so I can return it,

You are very welcome, Sir. Glad you are still able to return it, I know it is a pain to drag back to the store, but will be worth it in the long run.

If replacing, I recommend sticking to the name brands, which tend to be the most reliable, such as LG, Panasonic, and Samsung, for example: http://amzn.to/2CxVZhP

The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates and are poorly supported if parts/repairs are ever needed.

If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy up to an extra 5 years for $50 or so which is well worth it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer