TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cant watch tv. Pink screen comes on and says authorization…

Customer Question
Cant watch tv. Pink...

Cant watch tv. Pink screen comes on and says authorization required. How do i fix?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasonic 50” 2014 model viera 50cx700 series

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50"? What happened right before this?

Few days ago was watching normal tv and the pink screen came on. I have no internet atm does that matter ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/22/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Th50cx700aPs4 is connected and works fine

OK, on what particular video input source TV shows pink screen?

When trying to watch free to air

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Ill try it again anyway

Thanks for the picture that shows there would be a satellite/ cable box hooked to the TV for channels

No nothing is hooked up for channels

OK, what input source on the TV you select that gives this pink screen?

Also, do you get TV menu screen in normal colors?

Yeah any other source works fine. Menu works fine. Its just the tv source for free to air that doesnt work

OK, have you tried to run auto program/ tuning in channel setup to do a fresh channel scan?

i have
Just turned tv back on and its still pink
If i press exit on remote the pink screen goes away for a couple of seconds

OK, it seems TV internal tuner problem, lets try to reset the TV to default settings that should work

Press Menu and select Setup then System Menu then Shipping Condition and press OK to proceed

TV will reset to default settings and the first-time setup should pop up, go through it to run a fresh auto tuning

Please reply back with the result

Ok ill do that now

Sure, take your time

Screen on tv is still pink ☹️
Has it got somthing to do with internet?

Sorry to hear that, it seems the tuner mounted on the mainboard of the TV failure and mainboard replacement is needed at this point to fix the issue. It is not related to internet, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

If TV is out of warranty then a local TV tech will replace the mainboard to resolve the problem. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

I dont know what i did but my tv started working randomly
Fingers crossed

This is odd and I would say TV must be running an app causing the pink screen rather than on TV input source to get free to air channel signals, it sounds good that TV is back in business and that app has stopped/ closed

Have nice time~