TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My samsung tv just went black....it still has sound but no…

Hello my samsung tv...

Hello my samsung tv just went black....it still has sound but no screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I know....and it is plugged to a power surge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you nned the model #?

4/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back/side of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

the tv # UN32F5500AF

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-try the TV MENU using the original Samsung remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

the screen is 39 inch?
tried menu...no good

Did you already unplug the POWER cord for 3 minutes?

have un plugged it....now waiting

ok

the waiting seems long....
i turn it on and since I can not see it has no sound

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced that will cost more than buying a new 32" tv. Unless you have extensive electronics repair experience, then I can assist you in attempting a DIY repair here.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
don't worry I understand, you didn't do this to my TV....and i guess I knew your answer...I was hoping that that wasn't the case.

So sorry to confirm the bad news.