TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv is on, but screen went black. Can not change input or see…

Tv is on, but...

Tv is on, but screen went black. Can not change input or see menus

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It’s hung on the wall so hard to reach any wires in the back

4/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back/side of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

It’s a few years old. I don’t remember exactly. LG is the make. LED.

What size is the screen? 40" or 50" or 60" or

60

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv itself, not just remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I did that, although I didn’t wait 3 minutes

Suggest you try it, if you can.

Ok. I unplugged it. The red power light was still on though. When I touched it it went off.

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $275 and I can assist you in finding a trusted repair shop near you.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

No change
Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $275 and I can assist you in finding a trusted repair shop near you.I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.
Ugh

I know, so sorry to confirm the bad news. Let me know if you still need more help.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Nope. How does this end