TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We were watching tv and heard a loud pop sound yhem the

We were watching tv...

We were watching tv and heard a loud pop sound yhem the screen went black. The tv is off but there is a red light that is on the set that wasn't there before.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes we have the HDMI connected and a coax cable line connected the roku box is also connected and a Wii fit.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Our other sets work fine we have had to replace the lamp in this set 3 times since we owned it but we have never heard the loud noise like we had last week. Do you think we need yst another lamp?

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/15/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

WD65737
Please type i can't talk now

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

OK, so the Power/Status light is solid red on the TV, is this correct?

Did you receive the model number?

Yes, I got your TV model number info

- So the Power/Status light is solid red on the TV, is this correct?

it is a solid red

OK, solid red light means it is the lamp failure, the loud pop sound you heard has occurred when lamp busted/ shattered

Please replace the lamp on the TV to resolve the problem, I would recommend buying replacement lamp from Mitsubishi Parts

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/Index/

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

This would be the 4th lamp I've purchased since i bought the set. It doesn't seem cost effective to keep the set. Thank you.

I understand it, you can decide it better to keep this TV or invest that amount in a new replacement TV

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician