TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have cable in the walls of our house. We are having

We have cable in...

We have cable in the walls of our house. We are having streaming problems getting streaming to the TV that is far from our router. Can you hardwired a line from the modem to that TV?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

We use Hulu, Netflix and Amazaon Prime

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

And we use FireStick as hardware. The TV is internet ready

4/15/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes, you can absolutely bring a cat5 cable from the router over to the TV and use a hard-wired connection to the router- this is the only way it was done prior to Wi Fi routers. You can get a the Geek Squad from Best Buy to pull a long length of Cat5 from the router to the TV and then terminate the cable with RJ11 ends. Another option, if you don't want to deal with installation, is to purchase a Wi-Fi extender- which simply plugs into a wall outlet between the TV and the router, and then boosts the wireless signal. I can pull up a link to that device if you'd like?

We have apple extenders
But not switched to a spectrum router.
Can we use the apple extender with it

I'm unfamiliar with Apple extenders as I've never used or owned an Apple product. Do you have a link to the extenders so I can look them up?

Apple airport

Let me check- please standby.

Yes it appears Apple Airport works for both standard Wi Fi and also Airplay. So they can be setup to use the Spectrum router, and they need to be setup as if they were new (old router info erased and new router info entered).

I can try to search for the manual for your Airport if you can tell me which one you have (Airport Extreme, Airport Express, etc.)?

Aric, Technician
Thank you very helpful

You're very welcome and best of luck!