TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp aquos lc-65le654U stuck on sharp logo screen and will…

Customer Question
Sharp aquos lc-65le654U stuck...

Sharp aquos lc-65le654U stuck on sharp logo screen and will not power off without unplugging it. Tried all the holding button reset trick and still same.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Aquos connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes it was. Also tried firmware update no good

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s about all I have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
4/12/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

I’ve got some but limited

I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires a part inside the tv be replaced called the Main board. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends on your previous experience). Place to research the board: http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lc-65le654U+main+-kit

Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. I can search for a shop near you.... Let me know how you want to proceed.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

I have looked for the main board replacement any suggestions cause the site you gave me is out of stock

That's for research. There are two different boards. I cannot say which board you have. You MUST open your tv and get the numbers off your board so you order the correct one or the repair won't work.

These boards are not easy to find. You might only find it on eBay used. But until I know which board you have, I cannot assist in locating one in stock.

366502120150BD
9le366502120395
Those are part numbers associated with my board.

$116 net price after you send them your core return.

Are you sure that will fix it and is that a new or used one?

That is new.

Yes, 100% sure.

Reply back during your repair for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

K I will order tommorow is that a common problem with those TVs?

No, not very common.

I sure was hoping you would take a minute to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating.