TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The aspect ratio on my TV does not allow views using my

The aspect ratio on...

The aspect ratio on my TV does not allow views using my Amazon Fire TV to fit on my screen. I have tried calibrating the screen within the Fire TV settings and setting the aspect ratio using my LG remote. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire TV?

It's pretty old. Don't know exactly.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire TV?

Going to settings/display & calibrate display

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I've lost my fire TV remote so I'm using my smartphone as a remote.

4/11/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I’ve tried going to settings on my Amazon fire tv, then to callibrate display and the screen size is too big to adjust with the arrows.
Can you help?
Are you there?
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am available when you are to helping you with your questions. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Just saw your email. I'm available

I would be available tomorrow for a phone call if you are still needing assistance with that. As for your current question, could you please give me the make and model of your tv so I can look up some specifications for it. I believe that the issue is not with the fire stick/tv but with the aspect ratio of the tv itself. once i have that information, I can get you the correct steps to correct your issue.

Ronald Brock
That may be true but the screen only zooms when I’m using the fire stick not when I’m watching regular TV programs. Anyway it’s an LG. It’s mounted on the wall so I can’t get behind it to look for a model number. But the TV remote has MKJ40653801. I’ve also tried setting the aspect ratio on the TV using the remote to 16:9. I’ve tried all of the other settings too- Just Scan; Set By Program; 4:3; Zion; Cinema Zoom 1.
If my problem is not going to be resolved, I will need a refund of my payment.
stevenl1469
Phone call session started