TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have sound but no picture. If he can’t help me do I get my…

Customer Question
I have sound but...

I have sound but no picture.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If he can’t help me do I get my money back.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hello, Jack. The model number is *****

Thanks

If you turn the tv off and back on again do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?

No thanks

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Thanks. So what do I do to get a picture?

Please answer a few question first then i will tell you what i already suspect

Let me look
No flas of light

OK and Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Completely dark

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place
There is a very slight chance the power supply/led driver board may be causing this but i give this a 90 to 95% chance you have defective strips

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-lb55061-replacement-led-strips-12-strips.htm
There is also a video on that page that shows you how its done so before you order anything watch it

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.