TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Or the last few days a thin red line (like drawn by a pencil…

Customer Question
Or the last few...

Or the last few days a thin red line (like drawn by a pencil thin) from top to bottom of the screen slightly off centre

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes sorry for the delay just checking

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model# ***** - 46LE830U it just seems to be the TV we don't use anything else although they are plugged in. We have a PVR.

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result