TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pandora stops playing on my TV after 30 minutes or so and…

Customer Question
Pandora stops playing on...

Pandora stops playing on my TV after 30 minutes or so and the TV comes back on. What can be done to prevent this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is a LG about two years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the TV menu works and that is how I obtain Pandora

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

It has always been an issue and nothing happens before this, the TV just comes back on. Pandora will re-set if you go back to your station and select over again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** ***** like to get this issue resolved.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/11/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.

Does the TV turn off after 30 minutes?

Pandora turns off after 10, 20, 30 ,or 50 or more minutes, the TV station then comes on and replaces Pandora.

I am not sure what exactly is the issue -- What would you like to happen?

I would like Pandora to continue to play, until I turn it off.

Do you see those times in a setting (10, 20, 30, or 50 minutes) to power off? As in a sleep timer?

No, last evening Pandora stayed on for hours, other times it stops playing at random times.

When it stops playing, does the TV turn off too?

Harry, as previously stated the TV comes on and shuts off Pandora.

The TV is already on playing Pandora -- How does it come on and shut it off when it is already on?

Pandora goes off the screen and is replaced by the TV station.

Are you playing the Pandora app through the TV, through your service provider box, through a ROKU/Firestick?

Playing Pandora through an app on the TV. I press Menu on the remote, then go to APPS, then press Pandora

Have you always had this issue or is it a new issue?