TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I press the power button, the signal light will flash…

Customer Question
When I press the...

When I press the power button, the signal light will flash three times and then remain steady the screen will flash and off again

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Lg 50UH5500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50UH5500? What happened right before this?

4 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I packed it since then.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

When the screen goes black ,does the light at the front remain on ?

Still have or still had sound when this first happened ?
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Off

Off?

The sound or screen ?

And every time you turn the tv off and on again you get this flash ?

When I push the power button,
The screen with lg logo will come on one off again and the light on the front will flash and remain steady.

OK then that LG logo showing up then off tells me everything

I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

Ok

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place
There is a very slight chance the power supply/led driver board may be causing this but i give this a 90 to 95% chance you have defective strips

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

https://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-5835-w50002-2p00-replacement-led-backlight-strips-12.htm

Mind you they don`t have it in stock at this time , these guys can`t keep up with the demand but if you were to look into this yourself then you could sign up there to be notified when back in stock but i must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits and here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.