TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture too dark got brightness on Max and still too dark.

Customer Question
Picture too dark got...

Picture too dark got brightness on Max and still too dark

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sony Bravia 2018 4K HDR Ultra HD 65"

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

2 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works settings are on max for the brightness

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

2 weeks, delivered too dark

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK we need to carry out some checks so we can diagnose your issue so the first check is this>>>press the menu or on SONY sets the HOME button is the menu that comes up dark too OR is it nice and bright ?

menu nice and bright
please reply

OK that one check is basically telling me this is a signal problem from the satellite or cable box you are using so to begin with please do this>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

ok will replug in 5 mins

OK let me know

seems to be a little brighter, give me a few minutes to check out some channels
Not too sure but it seems brighter. Will be able to tell more when I check out some movies. Can I get back to you later today or tommorrow
please reply and how do I reconnect with you later

Yes please let me know by just coming directly back here thank you

How has this worked out please?

Picture is still too dark in and the brightness button in the settings is on max

OK you need to try another input like a DVD player or similar and let me know what that is like

Don't have a DVD but the other 2 TV's in the other rooms work fine

The other TVs have no bearing on why your TV is dark, you need to try another input on this or we are at an impasse, a DVD player/blurayplayer/game/old vcr anything other than the box as I need to eliminate the box as the cause