TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV “blacks out” frequently. Lasts a second or two then comes…

TV “blacks out” frequently...

TV “blacks out” frequently. Lasts a second or two then comes back.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG LH4740. Can’t remember how old. Maybe 5 years??

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tried all three HDMI ports. Tried 3 different cable boxes. Menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LH4740? What happened right before this?

Just gradual started. About 6 months now. Also sometimes get error message I need to disconnect HDMI and use yPrPb connection.

4/10/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Model would be 47LH40 by the way

Here

Hi

When it blacks out , does the sound go or stay ?

Sound goes out too. Am I being charged for each response?

No you`re not

Let me type this down please

You have 2 possibly separate problem here

1. when it says " disconnect HDMI and use yPrPb connection." that is a HDCP protect message and we are looking at a main board here

2. The blacking out would point to the power supply/inverter board

The main board is around $100 and power supply some $70

Now this tv was made in 2009 which is 9 years ago and it is just starting to act up from old age I`m afraid

Tv`s are no longer made to last that long any more and when you get 5 years of trouble free service , you had a good one

Now you would be looking at perhaps some $170 in parts if you were to do it yourself and you don`t want to think about a shop repair that could go up to $300

You can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $400 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Thanks very much for your time and recommendations.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you