TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 65 inch Sony XBR65X930D TV cannot be turned on. It's only…

My 65 inch Sony...

My 65 inch Sony XBR65X930D TV cannot be turned on. It's only 1.5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Is your XBR65X930D connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes, but I bypassed and still does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

4/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are there currently any signs of life on the Sony at all (power light lit or blinking)?

Simply reply if you need help.

No lights anywhere.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this can mean a premature hardware failure in the TV (which is not uncommon these days).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Nothing

That's bad news. Please give me a minute to type this up.

Sony's warranty page is down for this model. but a search pulled up their general limited warranty on flat screens which shows 2 years. The warranty is below and you would want to call them at:

1-800-222-SONY

https://docs.sony.com/release/Warranty_412195201.pdf

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician