TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 46" Visio tv, the volume went out, we unplugged…

I have a 46"...

I have a 46" Visio tv, the volume went out, we unplugged everything, let it sit for a few minutes, plugged everything back in, worked fine for about 5 minutes, and lost volume again, repeated this step, same results, turned it on this morning worked for about 10 minutes and same result

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Vizio TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I pluuged up a different tv , and everything works great

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Hdmi

4/10/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

we did all that twice, with same results

Did you hold the power button though?

hello?

Hi there

I replied to you with the message

Did you hold the power button though?

As per instructions

we did all of that, it still doesnt work

Thank you

It is the mainboard that has faulted, this confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician