TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Well my Sony XBR55X800E Remote control is not responding to…

Customer Question
Well my Sony XBR55X800E...

Well my Sony XBR55X800E Remote control is not responding to any of my inputs. It's completely dead

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

The Sony Bravia smart tv XBR55X800E

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Recently bought it in December from best buy. So only a couple of months old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv turns off and on using my cable remote

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

It just recently happened after it's first update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it so far

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Does the tv respond to its own onboard buttons still?

the tv respond to it's onboard controls
No calls

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam (use the front facing/selfie cam), web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. You may want to look at another working remote also to compare. Let me know what you find.

No infrared emitter visible

Thanks for checking, that would mean the remote is at fault here, and would simply need to be replaced, they are not repairable.

You may order a new one inexpensively online, here: https://amzn.to/2EyQU5F

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.