TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Loss of color...we have black and ...48 horiz wide

Loss of color...we...

Loss of color...we have black and white...48 horiz wide Mitsubishi color tv

Technician's Assistant: What Mitsubishi model do you have? How old is it?

1080 technology, probably about 10 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Other tv in bedroom is ok.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Mitsubishi? What happened right before this?

Last used p-layed a movie on disc player.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need to find the model etc. Think probloem is with wrong button or how the tuner receiver is set

4/10/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv please?

Are the tvs own menu screens showing up in black and white also?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

I will go and seek model number.

Thank you

Model number is ***** serial 111169
The TV guide is in black and white
This text methos of communicating is ok. No answer has appeared as yet.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I need to know specifically about the mitsubishi menu screens,

not the cable guide, please

instruct me how to access mitsubishi menu screens
Press the menu button on the Mitsubishi remote
I do not have the Mitsubishi remote
I do not have an answer.

You can use the menu button on the tv itself then. I need to know that specific detail to be able to properly diagnose the problem.

please locate menue button on tv
just found remote, and menue has color.
next please

Thank you for checking,

once again, please send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and reply

Is the black and white issue only on the dvd player?
Or on cable/satellite?

On our tv. Our 2nd tv has color. We have cable comcast. DVD has no issue.

I understand it is on the tv.

So it happens only on comcast.

I need to know, specifically, where the comcast box is connected on the back of the mitsubishi (which port/s, they are all labeled).

HDMI 1 and 2

I'm asking about the comcsat box specifically, it would only be one port for that. The other is probably the dvd.

As a next step, please unplug power to the comcast box, for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then let me know if it is still black and white

I can pull both plugs in TV backside. Instruct me if that is ok with TV on.
It is 845pm locally. Please instruct me.

I'm not referring to either of those,

I asked you to unplug the power, to the back of the comcast box

Nathan, it is 918pm locally. I did as you asked and unpluged power from comcast box, waited 5 minutes, repluged, waited 5 minutes, turned tv back on, still black & white.
Next step?

If it happens only on cable, and you are certain the box is connected with hdmi, then this is a defective cable box, you will next need to call comcast and they will need to replace the cable box for you with a new one.

ok. Will pursue that then. Thanks. I hope this answers the problem. Tomorrow. Out.

You're very welcome, and best of luck!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer