TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture on my TV is wider than the screen cutting off…

The picture on my...

The picture on my TV is wider than the screen cutting off the picture. How do I fix this.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model LD2480. Westinghouse digital LLC

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. I don't know what sources/inputs means,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LD2480? What happened right before this?

Nothing that I know of. I have a remote that the cable company gave me but when I bring up the menu on the cable remote it has no item that has to do with the picture.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Both the cable remote and the remote that came with the TV work but I don't know how to fix the picture.

4/9/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Can you give me a few minutes to do all this?

Sure thing, take your time

I fixed it somewhat. It is not perfect, on some channels the top of the picture is cut off. I may have to work on it a little more. My son tried fixing it but it didn't hold. Could it be the cable companies box?

Yes it could be a box issue too,

you can try unplugging it for 5 minutes to reboot and then adjust again from there

Nathan, I inadvertently logged out. I tried to get back to our conversation page but could not.. I have been playing with the remotes and it seems to be a lot better. I appreciate your help and I hope you get this answer.

Thank you for the update, glad to hear it is working for you now!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer