TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic TV model TH-50PM50U picture goes black same…

Hi John, my Panasonic...

Hi John, my Panasonic TV model TH-50PM50U picture goes black same time

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TH-50PM50U?

Yes HDMI and the are ok

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It hapen once in wile

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hi Jack

Hi

While the screen goes black do you still have sound ?

How long does the black outs last and does it come back by itself ?

No that you Jack I don't' want to paid any additional charges

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

can you help me with out getting any additional charge

Can you give me an answer please ?

OK and have you tried the tv`s own menu during these black outs ?

no

Is it happening now and are you near the tv ?

I'm in front of the tv but it happens once in a wile not all the time, and it last second

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,streaming devices, etc. ?

cable direct tv

Right now there are quite a few possibilities for a problem like this

This is a 13 years old plasma tv and those were overbuilt

You could have a failing power supply , one of the sustain going bad or even the main board

But if you could have the chance of trying the menu and it opens then this would narrow this down to either your direct tv box or the video processing on the main board

In which case I would consider going shopping

Any ways you could try something else on this tv ?

Another device ?

when it happen again and I'm able to use my remote what should I do

Open the menu and see if it will show up

If you could try another device and the tv still does it then you would know it is the tv

That would be the best test really and if turns out to be the tv then this would require some serious troubleshooting at the component level with test equipment , not exactly what i would call a "do it yourself" type of job and you would need the help of a local repairman on this one.

A failure in any of the circuits i mentioned above could cost in excess of $300 to $350 to have it done at home and then again if you find a tech.that will work on it.

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at years old and the fact that you can get a new 55" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 .
I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

Or have you direct tv box replaced if you cannot connect something

Tell them it keeps rebooting by itself or turns off etc

They wont ask an questions but if you tell them that it blinks , they will blame your tv for sure

thank you Jack for all your advice, have a good day

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my t

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you