TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LED LCD LG tv. When I turned it on, the picture…

HI I have an...

HI I have an LED LCD LG tv

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

When I turned it on, the picture and sound were fine. Suddenly the picture was just colors that looked like smeared chalk Now it has no sound and horizontal colored lins

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

47le5400

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

If you open the tv`s own menu does it cover those lines(where opened) or you can still see them on top of it ?

My TV is 8 years old. I want to know if the problem is something simple, or if I will need to replace the tv

This is a LCD/LED tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows(dark area) or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

So yes its time to go shopping

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

I can't see anything but the lines. If the menu is opening it, I can't see it due to the lines
Thanks, ***** ***** afraid of that
any particular type or brand you would recommend?

I can tell you what to avoid and the rest are pretty much equivalent

Don`t touch Vizio, Sharp or RCA and any obscure brands

The others like samsung panasonic , LG etc are fine

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

thank you for your help. Yes, that answers my question. You have been very helpful. I will rate

Thank you

Jack
Jack, Technician