TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Hisense TV and I cannot seem to adjust the settings…

Hi I have...

Hi I have a Hisense TV and I cannot seem to adjust the settings to show full display. It shows only part of the score and comments. people look wide on the screen as well

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Hisense TV?

Yes... red white and yellow for AV

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I guess I have one in wrong place. Yes we get power cuts here

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I know

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv?

What are you watching when this happens (antenna, cable/satellite box, etc)?

Model is 40K220PW.....it only started recently. We get cable TV DSTV out of South Africa and it is an AV connection from the decoder
Any sports it never shows the scores at the edges. It is cut off and people look too wide

Thanks for confirming,

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the decoder box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

there is no option to check for ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT on the decoder remote
The TV is on the 16:9 setting

If it is not on the remote, look in the settings menu on the decoder, it should be there under picture or display typically

Thanks. Have now found the option on the remote

Great, is everything adjusted to your liking now?

Nathan, Installer
Sure is.