TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It keeps going off and on. Philips 55pfl5601 2016. No it…

It keeps going off...

It keeps going off and on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Philips 55pfl5601 2016

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it does not work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55PFL5601? What happened right before this?

I turned it on went to the home button and it flickered and started turning off and on. We have left it unplugged and it is still happening it start a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

4/9/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Is it the power going on/off or just the screen going black ?

Not at this time

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

the power is going off and on

OK then

The power is going off and on not the screen going black

This looks like a power supply circuit problem but the main board could also be in cause , ii give this an 80% for the power supply

Are you going to work on this yourself or would just like to have an idea of the parts and costs involved ?

Can you check the tv`s serial number and tell me if it starts with DS1 ?

My husband is an engineer and I can tell him what you have said and let him take care the problem thank you for your help

I can give you a link for those parts

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

it does start with a DS 1 or l

OK then here is a kit with all the parts in this tv so you can`t go wrong ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-55pfl5601-f7-ds1-serial-complete-led-tv-repair-parts-kit.htm

Just tell your husband not to bother with the small board , its not at fault here

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician