TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG tv starts to freeze then makes a loud popping noise…

My LG tv starts...

My LG tv starts to freeze then makes a loud popping noise and then loud cracklings and the picture goes out (lines and colors).

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your LG TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

55357;�

Would it be possible for you to get me the model number please found on the back of the set?also let me know the sets approx age please

OLED65B6P-U
2yrs

It does sound like a bad LCD panel however have you tried rebooting the set?unplug from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?let me know please

Unplugging, will plug back in and try again. This problem would happen the first week I had the tv. But it became infrequent - happened maybe once every 10 times i’d Watch tv. Now it happens every time about 15 minutes in between spazzing out.

It really does sound like an intermittent LCD panel (screen)and that would be very bad news I am afraid,these issues are very common with modern TVs

Let me know how the reboot works out

Anthony

Need any more help with this please?

If you are clear on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

I unplugged and then plugged back in. It worked okay for a little while but then did it again. It’s hanging above a fireplace we use regularly. Would that be impacting it?

Is there a lot of heat around the set?

Could there be other things like maybe some smoke?

It is kind of hot but no smoke

Hmm the set has to be ventilated it has to run at normal room temp for most of its operation otherwise bad things could start happening as the set exceeds its operating temperature its not designed to do that, some sets ARE but this set is not so yes heat could have a significant impact on the set and may have already damaged it if you are unlucky

You see the panel has address lines and the tabbing for the connections is held with glue,the glue can become brittle or have an effect on its characteristics so the panel can be damaged

Alright so what do you recommend I do? Have a tv repair man come to my house?

My advice is this>>do not call a repair man he will be telling you exactly what I am saying now and that would have cost you $100 to hear the same advice, my belief here is the LCD panel is damaged and unfortunately that means the set has expired as its not an option to replace the panel at any stage during the sets life as the panel makes up two thirds the cost of the set, I am 90% sure of what I am saying here

I am sorry but LCD panel failure is very common with modern TV its why its essential to get extended warranty when purchasing a TV as the number one priority

One further piece of advice is move the new set, TVs do not like heat or poor ventilation

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician