TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a black streak on my TV which appears on all inputs.

I have a black...

I have a black streak on my TV which appears on all inputs. Having found items on the internet it seems the ribbon cables/connections are a common cause but I don't think that is the issue with mine because the line can still be seen when the TV is off which leads me to believe I have a more serious/costly issue going on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, result is the same and it can still be seen with the TV off

4/9/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hi

How long did you run the tv with that black line showing ?

Is that line solid black when the tv is on ?

Sony Bravia XBR 65X850A
both on and off

yes but How long did you run the tv with that black line showing ?

just the last two months
I tried the power reset, unplugging the TV etc.,

Reason for asking is that what you see now when its off , it is a screen burn caused by that line

Although fixing the problem will make it better , you will see that line

They often go away after a few weeks or running the tv , depending on its severity but if you can see it when the tv is off then it is severe and may just stay

based on that it does not seem economically feasible to fix a 2014 TV
Thanks

Well , this can indeed be caused by bad contacts on the ribbon cables or the t-con itself and finally even the panel itself where the cable is bonded to it

Does not look good I`m afraid

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Never mind the last reply and thank you