TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound only, no picture. Was watching TV, screen went blank,

Sound only, no picture ...

Sound only, no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Was watching TV, screen went blank, TV turned itself off then came back on by itself about 10 min. later with sound but no picture. Tried resetting it on the satellite box but still no picture.

4/9/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Have about 8 more min. to wait...

thanks

Still no picture

If you press the menu button on the remote of the TV, does the menu show?

No

Please disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, DVR recorder ect then connect only the Power cable

Power it on and tell me if anything shows on the screen please

Nothing on screen

Thanks

It is the Tconn board that has faulted., this now confirms it. This is responsible for the display which is why you get Audio but no vision

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If the warranty has expired, you can use this site to find the closest repair center to you

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

It is not a very expensive card and the labor is quick

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Well, Dagummit! I appreciate your help. I will use this site again in the future. Thanks so much!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician