TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Know. I have utube on my tv thru a fire stick or my blue ray…

I have utube on...

I have utube on my tv thru a fire stick or my blue ray player. I was watching a golf video and utube froze up, I can only get the utube logo to come up on the screen and it will go no farther. I also have amazon and Netflix and they are working fine. I do not know very much about how this works.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Dell

4/9/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So you are having this issue on both the firestick and the bluray?

I believe it is only though the blu ray. I have a universal remote, so I click on "watch movie" and a screen comes up with the different options ( utube, neflix, amazon, etc. Now when I try to watch utube I get a spinning circle (in the right hand corner of the screen) for a few seconds,then it goes to the utube logo and I can not do anything but push the "watch tv" button and exit.

Can you tell me the model number of the bluray?

It is a Sony. I can find no model number on it, but on the front it says "energy star"
It should be on the front above the display and usually starts with bdp
I can not find anything on the front. I did find the following on the back 4-575-894-03

There should be a sticker on the back starting with BD or BDP also.

sorry for the hold up but I did find on the bottom of the unit the number BDP-S3700

Great, that is just what I needed, thank you

The issue here is most likely related to the tv firmware not supporting youtube any longer,

what we can try is to update the software,

1. At the Home Screen menu, use the arrow keys on the remote control to select Setup - Software Update, and then press the ENTER button.
  2. At the A New Software Version available prompt, select OK.
  3. The current firmware version, along with the message Update to a new software version, will appear on the TV screen.
  4. Select Start and then press the ENTER button to start the first part of the update process. During the update, a progress bar and download capacity are presented on the TV screen.
went to updates,then clicked on software updates, then clicked on update with internet, and I got a screen that says "already updated"

What does it show as the current version/number?

there are no numbers on any of the screens thru that process. where would I look for it?

Did you see on that page Check for Version? Where it said current version should show some numbers there.

I havegone thru the entire update software procedure and current version does not show up anywhere
  1. Use the arrow keys on the remote control to select Setup - System Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
  2. Use the arrow keys to select System Information, and then press the ENTER button.
  3. The currently installed firmware version of the player will appear on the TV screen.
m30.r.0485

Thank you for checking,

that is indeed the latest version,

so what that means, as I had initially suspected, is that this is a software issue. Though you have the latest version, this model is no longer supported so it is still out of date and apps like youtube are no longer supported on this model, and you'll find other apps will drop off as time progresses and their associated marketing agreements expire.

There is no way to change that as sony simply is not supporting this player anymore. Your best option here, short of replacing the player, is to simply use another device, like the firestick you already have which will support youtube access.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

thanks for your help

You're very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

I want to make sure with Sony that this is the issue as you were a bit unsure. I will rate you but not a 5 as not convienced that is the issue

I am very confident in the info I provided, but you can certainly try to verify it with them. They may not be any help though as they aren't supporting this model any longer.

We have contacted Sony through Chat and they have fixed this issue. So your information was not correct and we paid for information that was not correct..

Based on the info provided, you had the latest version. It is possible they had released something else since then.

No, we had to reinitialize the blu ray within the setting and it fixed the issue

It should have been reset as part of the update process

Nathan, Installer