TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a samsung series 56 LED TV 46” that just went to…

We have a samsung...

We have a samsung series 56 LED TV 46” that just went to black screen. Please help

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 46”?

We have hdmi from the satellite box

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that we are aware of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of. I can’t run any normal diagnostic or the thought of remote support

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up please?(this is an technicians check)

We get absolutely nothing. It is a black screen
Talking would be better but not for $26. I can type

OK no menu, so I am also assuming you can't see any visible light at all on the display even in a darkened room if so then the back-lights are down on the set

Messages sent by the site not me please ignore if not wanted

The back-lights illuminate the pixels

The only light is the power

Could you get me the model number found on the back of the set and let me know the sets approx age

Can the back lites be reset

The back-lights illuminate the pixels

Could you get me the model number found on the back of the set and let me know the sets approx age?

That’s going to be tough. I do know that it been at least 3 years since we bought it from best but
From the manual I do have I think the model # might be 52015203 or 62016203. It is a 46” LED

OK the age is good enough

Problem is either power-board that supplies back-lights or more frequently we find its the back-lights themselves bad,if its the latter then its awkward as its very labor intensive to replace these lamps,

The set has to be stripped down to the LCD panel

It sounds like time to replace

No reset I am afraid other than unplugging the set from wallpower \replugging in again 5 mins later

There are some outfits who fit back-lights you would need to ring around for costs www.tvrepairpros.com will locate techs inyour area or www.tvrepairman.com

Let me know if you need more help,this work is not for the DIYer I am afraid

And yes you do need to consider the replacement option make sure you get extended warranty we have a lot of problems with this and panel problems

Let me try the unplugging It does seem like I was able to unplug. If this doesn’t work I see what you mean. Anyway thanks for the guidance

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

(Please read all my replies above)

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician