TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to log in to my direct tv now app on my tv with…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to log in to my direct tv now app on my tv with my sons email and password ***** it tell me that the account does not exist. Can you please tell me how I can change the email address and password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Don't know, but it does not give me the option to reset

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to be able to reset the password ***** email address if possible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/10/2018
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today. Please let me know when you are available and ready to continue. Thanks!

I am able to chat now but am not home near my tv. Until what time are you available?
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

I will be available all day today. This evening, you are welcome to message me and if I am not near my computer, I will respond as quick as I can.

TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

Just to give you some starter information in regards ***** ***** password ***** you cannot change the email address that is associated with the account until you have gained access to the account. You would be able to reset the password, but you would also need to have access to the email account that is tied to the account to receive the link to do the password ***** Do you have access to that email account as well?

my 16 year old son used his email and password ***** set it up.
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/forgot-password

that is the site you would need to go to to perform a password ***** You will need the account name or email address to have them send a link to you to do the password ***** Then you will need to go the normal login page, either online or on the device that you are trying to login to and use the new password ***** login info to access your account.

I have gone into the page where you log on and it doesn't give me the option to reset
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

did you see the link that i provided in the previous message?

I just now saw it. I will use that and reset it from there when I get home. If for some reason it does not work then I will let you know tomorrow morning. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

Not a problem. once you reset the password, you shouldn't have any issues with getting logged in. Please let me know if you were successful with this or not.

Whenever you are ready to do so, please take a few minutes and provide me with a positive rating of 3-5 stars, as that is how we are compensated for our time here on Just Answers! Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 4 months ago

Were you able to get your issue resolved?