TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a wonderful KD640S2010. Only problem is sound seems…

Customer Question
I have a wonderful...

I have a wonderful KD640S2010. Only problem is sound seems poor. In my bedroom I have a cheap Vizeo and the sound is crisp and clear. Can something be wrong with my speakers?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

KDL40S2010 TV. Speaker output not clear. A cheap TV in my bedroom can easily be understood. Is there some way to replace or repair the speakers in this SONY TV?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

SONY KDL40S2010, about 8 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm not sure how to work that. A tech came in and worked those controls and had no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything other to ask if there is some add-on speakers I could use.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/9/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If its the same poor sound using other inputs like a DVD player for example then there is a problem with the sound amplifier which is mounted on the main-board, as a workaround you could use a soundbar these are relatively cheap check to make sure you have optical SPDIF audio in on the soundbar (that is important for the two to marry up)OR RCA analogue in on the soundbar let me know you understand this please

Need any more help with this please?