TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm need a replacement remote for a LG Ultra HD TV but I…

I'm need a replacement...

I'm need a replacement remote for a LG Ultra HD TV but I don't know if the remote is specific to a certain TV or universal

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

That's the problem, I don't know. Purchased from Target and the receipt just shows LG49 and I don't see model in the other paper work

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

There are no on/off or channel buttons on the outside of the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need a replacement remote...lost it when remodeling our bedroom

4/9/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ; the model number will be on a sticker at the back of the tv

Can you look it up please ?

Cannot do anything otherwise

TV is mounted on wall so I can't see model number

Do you still have the old remote and it stopped or its gone ?

We lost it

By the way on LG tv`s there usually is a single button on the underside at the middle that can be used for various functions but it is limited

Can you try to get that number using a small mirror for example ?

I can`t find you just any remote and yes a universal remote might do the trick but again you will not have all the functions

let me go see if I can get model number...where would be the best place to look for model number, upper left side of TV? Bottom"

Right upper side but it does vary

I read this backwards, but looks like its 49UF6430

Looks good , let me check that

Here is your remote for $17 ,click this link to buy ;http://remotebarn.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=49UF6430

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Thank you for your help

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you