TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

KDL 52W5150 Have vertical lines on left side screen on start…

KDL 52W5150 Have...

KDL 52W5150 Have vertical lines on left side screen on start up. After warn up and cycling power the lines will go away and TV has a perfect picture. Have replaced T-Con Board...(Now vertical lines on left side of screen along with horizontal on the entire screen.) Just cycled power and again the picture is perfect.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Only Chromecast

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

NO Picture is perfect now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that on start up the screen is bad and after cycling power picture is ideal

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Firstly it sounds like you have fitted the wrong t-con board or a bad one as if you replaced it and it was not the issue then you would have exactly the same symptoms, the symptoms have changed so its looking like the t-con you fitted isn't up-to the mark did you order by part-number found on the original board ITSELF?or just by model number?

By part number. The two boards look the same

OK if both part-numbers are exactly the same then you will need to send that board back you need to at least get back to the original fault (assuming the replacement does not cure)

Outside of that check the capacitors on the power-board for leaking raised top or ballooning, if you still have issues after getting/fitting a good t-con then I am afraid the LCD panel is bad (screen)

Let me know what you think

Just to add they all look exactly the same but the part-number HAS to be the same as they are not interchangeable even if they do look the same or identical there are many reasons for that

Part numbers are the same

Its as I just said then

Thank you for the help

Also make sure you fit the LVDS lead and the ribbon leads correctly as its possible not to

Your Welcome

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Will do.